- No trolling, flaming, spamming, harassment, or threats allowed.
- No politics allowed. We are a 501(c)(3) organization and political activity of ANY kind on our boards gets our non-profit status revoked. Anyone who does this will be known as "the otaku who killed AUSA" and will be subject to a lot of hate-on by thousands of otaku everywhere. Since we're sure you'd like to be spared this travesty (as well as attacks by lawyers), please avoid this.
- While we're now allowing both animated avatars and signatures, please keep it reasonable in size and content. Also, keep it clean as per the rule below.
- No links to illegal or inappropriate content, such as hentai, porn, torrent links, and download links to illegal content. We will remove any such content.
- No selling, trading or soliciting allowed on the forums, with the exception of the listed Anime USA activities: roomsharing, ridesharing, promoting your panels or workshops, and listing what you may have at the Otaku Swap Festa, Artist Alley, or art show. Please keep these activities to these specific forums: Rooms and Rides, The Lounge, and the yearly AUSA con forum board.
- Do not post links to auctions or to store sites. You may inform someone about something ("You can usually find X on eBay"), but you are not allowed to post a link. If you have any questions about what is okay or not, please contact one of the staff.
In most cases, we will warn before we ban someone. There is a general warning for more minor offenses and a much more strongly worded warning for major offenses. Bans depend on the offense.
If you see something broken, please let someone from the AUSA staff know: such as emailing email@example.com or contacting a moderator.